The Employees' Retirement System of Rhode Island is overseen by a 15-member Retirement Board chosen in accordance with Title 36 of the Rhode Island General Laws.
The Board, which meets on the second Wednesday of each month, votes on investment rate of return assumptions, approves disability pensions and makes decisions that affect Rhode Island's retirees.
Current members of the Retirement Board are:
You can find information about the State Investment Commission, which oversees the assets of the pension system, at this link.
- General Treasurer Seth Magaziner, Chair, Ex Officio Member
- Michael DiBiase, Director of Administration
- Thomas Mullaney, Associate Director/Budget Officer (Appointed by Dir. of Admin.)
- Brian Daniels, Director, League of Cities and Towns, Ex Officio Member
- Roger P. Boudreau, Retiree Member Representative
- Raymond J. Pouliot, Retiree Member Representative
- Paul L. Dion, Ph.D., Active State Employee Representative
- Claire M. Newell, Active State Employee Representative
- Thomas M. Lambert, Active Municipal Employee Representative
- John P. Maguire, Active Teacher Representative (Vice Chair)
- Michael J. Twohey, Active Teacher Representative
- Mark A. Carruolo, Public Representative (Appointed by the Governor)
- Jean Rondeau, Public Representative (Appointed by the Governor)
- Lisa Whiting, Public Representative (Appointed by the General Treasurer)
- Dr. Laura Shawhughes, Public Representative (Appointed by the General Treasurer)